Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016, Day 9: Afraid to Write

The challenge : to write a poem containing a line I'm afraid, for some reason, to write.

Reticence
by Shirley Smith Franklin

Why am I afraid to write the last line;
my old friends, would they have found it a crime?
He played the piano with such delight
that one would remember in later years
whenever a radio performance
ignited the memory, matched the joy.
He'd found me on facebook, evidently
had read the "Twenty Five Things About Me"
I had entered at my daughter's request.
'Sounds the same as ever,' he'd commented,
as though, but even though we'd not, just met.
Then his spouse evidently read it too.
She wrote, 'The wife is always last to know.'
I told the irony to my daughter
who insisted I had to unfriend him.
After a month, I complied.  But I cried.


No comments:

Post a Comment