Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 7, 2013

NaPoWriMo Day 7: Trail Mix for the Flight

NaPoWriMo Day 7: Today's challenge:  Write a poem that is a list of statements, followed by a question.

Trail Mix for the Flight

Put your hands up and stand very still.
This isn't going to hurt.
No, I don't have any liquids.
The tears are all spent.
Fasten your seatbelt, please.
There may be turbulence ahead.
Switch your cell phone off for the trip.
You won't be needing it where you're going.
There's a light for your convenience.
Memorize the magazine from cover to cover,
or as much of it as you can..
There's peanuts and pretzels, coffee and snack.
Anything you can get anywhere, not like here.
Put your seatbelt on again, sit up right.
Fill in the card with your personal details.
Hand it over upon arrival.

I have nothing to declare.
I've only been to Love's Field and back.
There's a whole new world out there.
May I put my shoes back on now?                
                                    ____ Shirley Smith Franklin

2 comments:

  1. This is great, you nailed it...this is the one I'm writing today for...Wednesday I think. Very good!

    ReplyDelete